Join our newsletter

Get great contents delivered straight to your inbox everyday, just a click away, Sign Up Now
Email address
Secure and Spam free...

“When you empower physicians with those test results you really are playing a pivotal role in the treatment going forward.”

Scott Hutton, CEO, Biodesix

A Test for Lung Cancer Probability

  • It took me a while in fascinated deliberation to appreciate how Biodesix’s lung cancer test “Nodify Lung” works. The reason I struggled is that up to this point I’d understood that a blood test tells one YES or NO about a particular condition – pregnant or not, COVID or not. I had to get my head around a test that provides physicians and patients with the probability that there’s lung cancer. What does one DO, what treatment decisions should one make, what should insurance pay for, what should a physician do to manage risk of malpractice... with a 15% probability that one has lung cancer? 85% probability? Scott helped me understand how what I’d thought was impossibly frustrating vagueness, is actually helpful in treatment decisions. We also talked about running a public biotech company that is losing millions of dollars as the key product is developed and comes to market. A great episode!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to top